QUESTION: Hello Pat,

I am 23 years old woman. I am married and have a baby girl. My mensturation cycle is 28 days. There was no problem with my mensturation cycle before, It used to be every 28 days.

For the past 3 to 4 months I have been noticing that my cycle is not like before... I start mensturation 8 to 10 days before my mensturation date. Is there something wrong with me.

I started doing some exercise at home..... Can this be a reason for my early mensturation.

Kindly advise .... I am worried.

ANSWER: Hello, Zam,

Have you taken any medications lately? Have you taken any birth control pills? Have you tried to control the bleeding through medication? This could upset your balance and result in this kind of experience. Have you ever had an abortion? (You can reply privately if you want.) I doubt if the exercise did it, unless you have some kind of abnormality. Were you breastfeeding and then started giving your daughter other food? This could re-set your periods. Did you have a Caesarian section?

Probably the best thing you can do is have a doctor test your hormones and look for any obvious damage. Nobody will be able to diagnose this problem over the internet. In most cases, these problems aren't life-threatening, just a nuisance and may require medical intervention.

I know what a pain this kind of problem would be, so I hope you find an answer soon. If the doctor wants to give you pills to regulate your period, I really wouldn't advise it. If he doesn't find anything wrong, then try to find someone who is knowledgeable about herbs. Good luck with this! Let me know what happens, and take care.

QUESTION: Thanks for your reply .... I have not taken any medications and never took any birth control pills. I did have a cesarian section in FEB 2012. I breastfed my daughter till she was 8 months then started giving her other food.

Thanks for advising me not to take any pills to regulate my periods.

Hello, Zam,

You're welcome.

A Caesarian section can result in certain problems. Perhaps they're not common, but they do happen. So it is best to have it checked out by a doctor.

Good luck with this, and let me know what you find out. Take care.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.