Abortion/Wondering about my first period after abortion.

I had a medical abortion May 31. I bled up until about two or three weeks ago. It stopped all together. Last night I started bleeding. It's very, very light. Just pinkish. I'm wondering if this is my period starting, or could I be pregnant again? I'm not on birth control. I know it was incredibly stupid to not get back on birth control, but I didn't have the money to get to the free clinic or get the script of it filled. My boyfriend and I love each other very much, but we weren't ready for this. Thank you for your answer.

It is possible that you are pregnant again, but it could also be your period. I would recommend taking a pregnancy test. It should be negative from the previous pregnancy at this time, so if it is positive, it is more than likely a new pregnancy, although you should have an ultrasound to confirm

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government