Abortion/bleeding after medical abortion

Question
Hi, I got aborted by cytolog pill after 26 weeks of pregnancy due to pprom. I have been bleeding since abortion on 1 August, no products of pregnancy are remaining. I think I got my periods on  28 August,though I never stopped bleeding after abortion. Bleeding is heavy and doctor has given trapic500 mg and orni o to stop bleeding and has said that she would be doing d&c if bleeding does not stop till 6th September. Is a d & c necessary?will I have any complications because of this? Please clarify as I am very worried

Answer
Dear Kavya, I talked to a good, well-informed friend of mine, and she said to go to another doctor for another opinion, not back to the doctor that you have gone to. The doctor might not want to admit, for liability reasons, that there was something wrong, and will try to use the d&c wrongly. Yes, you could have complications. Yes, your feeling that you are worried could be correct. I would advise you to go to a help center in your area. I don't know where you live but you can find a local pregnancy help center at http://www.heartbeatservices.org and click on the worldwide directory. Please get back to me and tell me what happens. I will be praying for you and I am concerned for you and your health. Please don't take any chances with your life and health. My private email address is CHERYL51@aol.com so email me there as soon as possible.

Diane Cheryl

Abortion

Diane Cheryl