Abortion/bleeding after medical abortion

Hi, I got aborted by cytolog pill after 26 weeks of pregnancy due to pprom. I have been bleeding since abortion on 1 August, no products of pregnancy are remaining. I think I got my periods on  28 August,though I never stopped bleeding after abortion. Bleeding is heavy and doctor has given trapic500 mg and orni o to stop bleeding and has said that she would be doing d&c if bleeding does not stop till 6th September. Is a d & c necessary?will I have any complications because of this? Please clarify as I am very worried

Dear Kavya, I talked to a good, well-informed friend of mine, and she said to go to another doctor for another opinion, not back to the doctor that you have gone to. The doctor might not want to admit, for liability reasons, that there was something wrong, and will try to use the d&c wrongly. Yes, you could have complications. Yes, your feeling that you are worried could be correct. I would advise you to go to a help center in your area. I don't know where you live but you can find a local pregnancy help center at and click on the worldwide directory. Please get back to me and tell me what happens. I will be praying for you and I am concerned for you and your health. Please don't take any chances with your life and health. My private email address is so email me there as soon as possible.

Diane Cheryl

Diane Cheryl

Please email me at if I am "maxed out" on questions. I will answer as soon as I can. Please be patient because I get many emails. If I don't answer within a reasonable time, please email me again and put ALLEXPERTS in the subject line of your email. Thanks. Please contact me if you would like information about abortion procedures. What are your questions or concerns about an abortion? I also would be able to help with resources and networking. I can provide insight about emotional and psychological aspects of abortion. I would like to help you with up-to-date info and advice. I haven't had an abortion myself, but have 3 close friends who have experienced abortion and I can relate through them. I can also provide resources if you have experienced any post-abortion problems; medical, psychological, emotional, or spiritual. PRIVATE QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women in unexpected pregnancy situations. I also provide resources for PASS (Post Abortion Stress Syndrome).

Illinois Valley Community College (LaSalle-Peru, Illinois), Austin Community College and Travel Agent Degree.
Almost 25 years of on-the-job training onsite at abortion clinics and volunteering at pregnancy resource centers. Sonogram training and Post Abortion Counseling Training. Have done research with hundreds of women for almost 25 years regarding abortion, pregnancy and post-abortion healing.