Abortion/PLan b after abortion

i had surgical abortion on July 24 and started taking birth control on July 28 then i took plan B on august 2nd which is 24 hours after having sex..and i started bleeding after a week of talking plan B. i am now 5 days of my sugar pill and having very little spotting i don't even need to use and pads for that is it normal?? what should i do??

This is normal. Taking Plan B can cause your period to come early. Couple that with the fact that your period is expected to be irregular for a couple of months after an abortion, and this explains your situation.

If you are concerned, you should take a home pregnancy test. I would recommend the test with two lines rather than a digital one that reads "positive" or "negative".  Ideally, of course, it will be negative. If you are getting a positive result , you should see someone immediately for an ultrasound to see if this is a new pregnancy or just residual hormones from the previous pregnancy.  

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government