Abortion/pregnancy possibility of miscarriage (induced)

i needed a professional opinion about this without being judged. i reside in the beautiful country state of Georgia  which is located in the USA. after being admitted to the hospital in july 15 for a kidney infection and uti i asked to be given a blood test which determined i was 5-6 weeks on that date july 15 here is the problem on may 12-17 was my last period which makes me what about 11 weeks lmp and 7-8 weeks today based on blood that is if my hcg hormone actually increased. im frustrated because i do not want another child i was on my birth-control when i got pregnant lo lo estramin(sp) and we used protection as a safe guard. typically i believe in herbal medicine practices so when i first thought i may be pregnant i dismissed it and 3 days after my projected cycle i took a test and i was infact pregnant . im very very concerned about this i decided to attempt to take matters into my own hands by taking 12 200mg cytotec 4 every 3 hrs with the end result of me dislodging a long piece of what maybe tissue and one clot the size of maybe a silver dollar the other the size of a normal clot during menstruation. previous to the tissue i had no bleeding and afterwards i had no bleeding it was spotting if the was a failed attempt what are my options if i have any period. i appreciate all of your help

You should follow-up with blood tests and/or an ultrasound to determine if the Cytotec worked. You could also try to take a home pregnancy test, but it could still be showing a positive results if the pregnancy hormone hasn't completely left your system.

If the Cytotec was unsuccessful, you do need to complete the abortion either by taking more of the Cytotec or by having an aspiration abortion. It is not recommended to take Cytotec without consulting a medical professional for an exam, so I would recommend seeing a doctor before taking any additional medications.  

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government