Abortion/ru486 - cytotec and mifeprex detection

Question
Hello, I would like to know if I choose to take Mifeprex and Cytotec, and have all the symptoms of an abortion/miscarriage, will my primary OBGYN be able to detect that I took the medications to induce the abortion if I don't tell her? are the medicines detectable via the typical tests she would perform in this situation? can she perform a separate test? will she be suspicious at least of what truly caused the pregnancy to end??

Thank you. I have some decisions to make, and I'd like to be informed.

Answer
No, your doctor would not be able to differentiate between a medically induced abortion and a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage).

That being said, there are certain precautions that should be taken with the abortion pill. There are possible complications, such as heavy bleeding, incomplete abortion, and infection, that would all need medical intervention if they were to occur. It is best to have someone, even if it is an abortion provider and not your regular doctor, that you would be able to reach out to, should any of those situations arise.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options