Abortion/Misoprostol

Question
I took two tablet of eprostol for my pregnancy but I had alot of stomach pains and little blood came out but I went to the toilet alot three days after I took a pregnancy test and I was still positive pls what should I do

Answer
Thanks for your questions. Do you mean Misorostol? Normally with a pregnancy 7-9 weeks along or less you can terminate with medication, but it's normally two different types. The first is Mifoprex and the second is Misoprostol. At my clinic we give 1 Mifoprex in the clinc, and send you home with 4 Misoprostol that you let dissolve in your mouth. Now some facilities may vary a bit in the way that they give the medications. If you went to a clinic and obtained the medications from them, you will be fine as long as you are following the directions given from them. If you just had these 2 pills laying around and tried to terminate that way, chances are it was not successful and you need to contact a Planned Parenthood or your doctor's office for instruction. I expect stomach cramps and bleeding with a successful termination, however you can have cramps and bleeding and still be pregnant so it is very important that you go back to the clinic you went to for your follow up whenever they told you too. They will do an ultrasound in most cases to ensure your uterus is empty. As for the pregnancy test, yes any pregnancy test you buy over the counter is still going to show up positive at 3 days after a termination even if it was sucessful.At my clinic we have to do a special low sensitivity pregnancy test( can not be bought in stores) on our surgical patients and this is at 2 weeks post abortion.  This is because the HCG(the hormone that detects pregnancy in your body) takes a while to leave.At 3 days after it would still be showing up, even if you were not pregnant, In your case you really need an ultrasound to see if your uterus is truly empty or not.  I would call your abortion facility if you are still concerned and make sure you know when your follow up is and explain everything. If everything seems okay they an reassure your mind, or inform you to come in if everything is not okay.  If you did not obtain these medications through a normal abortion facility, please get in touch with a doctor because it could be likely you are still pregnant, and misoprostol can cause birth defects if the pregnancy was not terminated successfully. Please take a moment to rate this answer and let me know if I can help you out with anything else!
April

Abortion

April