My last period was sept 3,2014. I took a pregnancy test oct 6 result was positive... i cannot have a baby yet so i took cytotec. I tested again october 10, 11 and 14 all were negative. Did not bleed when i took cytotec but i felt the other symptoms like nausea, diarrhea and slight fever... i still dont have mu period. By the way, i am also breast feeding my 9 months old baby... am i pregnant or not?

Hello, Kate,

It is very unwise to take any strong medications when you are breastfeeding.

Cytotec doesn't always cause abortion. In fact, it is quite dangerous and a young mother should never take it. It is very unusual for a woman not to bleed if she has an abortion.

I would have a couple of questions. The first would be whether or not the pregnancy tests you took were defective. Some pregnancy tests won't even indicate a pregnancy as early as the first one you used. The other is whether or not what you took was really Cytotec. Where did you get it?

What problems are you facing that would cause you to want to have an abortion? Do you think the babies would be too close together? In my experience, babies that close together in age are usually very close and loving, and help keep each other entertained and give the mother rest from constant care. If the problem you are facing is financial, or something related, there are organizations in your country that will help you. I would recommend you see someone from one of those organizations anyway. If you would like contact information, let me know. In the meantime, you need to be checked by a doctor. Nobody will be able to tell you over the internet whether you are still pregnant or not. You need to be examined and tested. You also need to know if the Cytotec has caused you any problems.

Please let me know what you find out and what your needs are. Don't take any more risks by taking dangerous pills. Take good care of yourself and your baby.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.