Abortion/Religion/Pro Life

You come off as less an expert and more of a pro-lifer, peppering every answer with right wing religious and unrealistic abstinence advice. I feel this is not the place to be injecting your personal morality agenda. Why not just stick to actual facts instead of dispensing your subjective views ?

Hello, David,

You come across as male. Why are you apparently supporting the practice of raping women with surgical instruments, and poisoning them with dangerous drugs?

I imagine you have heard about the Ebola virus. Abstinence is not unrealistic, and may become the norm, if Ebola really becomes widespread. You may have noticed that the boyfriend of the nurse in Dallas who has tested positive for Ebola is now in isolation. One can surmise that if he hadn't been taking advantage of her, he would have been safe. It remains to be seen if his inappropriate use of his girlfriend, if any, will cost him his life.

Abstinence has always been the cultural norm, outside of marriage, and when a culture departs from this, it quickly decays into destruction and destitution. There are consequences to having inappropriate sex, and most of the consequences fall most heavily on the woman. I haven't been peppering my answers with "right wing religious" advice. You're reading into my responses things that aren't there. This is just common sense!

If you are unfamiliar with the "actual facts" (and obviously you are), please go educate yourself. Abortion is an atrocity committed on women, and we deserve better. When you learn what all the consequences are, you may change your mind. In the meantime, please do not take advantage of any women to provide yourself with pleasure. A woman deserves a man who will cherish her, not one who will use her as a personal plaything. I don't know you, so I don't know whether you take advantage of women or not, but you come across as someone who does.

When you can suffer through an abortion, come back and talk to me. Because, quite frankly, you don't have a right to advocate that we women should be assaulted in this way, because you will never have to bear the medical consequences of abortion. A lot of women have expressed appreciation for my help. They are the ones with a right to judge me, and you are not.

Regardless of your opinion of religion, there are some belief systems that provide much help to people in this life and the next. If anything, I don't say ENOUGH about this. If women weren't seeking love in the wrong places because they had the love they deserve, coming from their family, then abortion wouldn't exist.

And if you think that being pro-life and an expert are mutually exclusive, you have another think coming. It is the group that promotes abortion that is hiding the "actual facts" from women. We are being lied to. You need to find this out.

In the past, I have responded to people such as yourself with extensive messages of medical references documenting everything I say. I don't THINK you want me to publish that publicly. However, I am fully prepared to do so if necessary. Everything I tell women is backed up by research published in peer reviewed journals.

I am sorry you are not more informed, and I really don't like to speak to you in this way. But I feel it is important to do so. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Protect the women you love from abortion. They will thank you for it.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.