Abortion/Abortion

Question
QUESTION: Is abortion almost 100% effective at 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. I had a surgical abortion 10/24 right after my abortion had some bleeding and cramps, which stop the following day the bleeding came back about 2 days later. Started taking microgesting fe 1/20 Sunday 10/26 and for the rest of the week had light to very little bleeding. A week after abortion had sex and the next day woke up with like a stomach ache the following days have had light cramping only when i sleep in my stomach, some headaches and peeing a little bit more than normal. Right abortion all my symptoms like morning sickness and nauseas seem to have disappear. Sore boobs lasted for like a week but feel a lot better now. It's been 2 weeks since my abortion did some pregnancy test which have a very faint positive. I am worried if I can still be pregnant or do I have headaches and sometimes nausea because I am too worried or because of the birth pills or maybe the abortion wasn't succesfull? I will have my check up appointment but Im so worried i can sleep or function properly, im depressed i feel like killing myself if i find out I'm still pregnant. Please answer. Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello, Alexandra,

Quite often, they won't do a surgical abortion that early because they might not get everything. However, it sounds like that part worked out, and you are no longer pregnant. Pregnancy hormones dissipate slowly. If you felt the need to get an abortion, and you're not married, you should NOT have sex. You put yourself at risk, and he takes advantage of you. Remember, you bear the medical consequences by yourself. You deserve a man who will cherish you, and such a man will not expect sex. If you are married, of course, it is a different story. So if you are not married, please do not consent to sex anymore. Otherwise, you will be right back where you started: pregnant, and with insufficient resources to deal with it. Birth control pills have a failure rate, and in an unmarried couple, the failure rate is quite high. The hormones are also not good for your body. Please do not rely on them.

It sounds like you need some serious counseling. You shouldn't be thinking of killing yourself. You have your life ahead of you, and you deserve better. I recommend you find an organization near you that will help you with your issues, and help you become at peace with yourself. You can find one in your state by visiting this web site:

http://www.optionline.org/

Please do this. They can also supply any needed medical follow-up. You should NOT go back to where you got the abortion for that, because they cannot be trusted. If there IS a problem, they'll try to hide it from you because they don't want to be sued. I have investigated the abortion businesses throughout the United States, and I have yet to find one that truly takes GOOD care of women who come to them. By and large, they are shoddy, filthy, and there is a lot of carelessness. So please do not go back there. Go to the organization you find on the web site instead.

Please keep in touch. Take care of yourself. Don't even THINK of harming yourself. You are precious, and you deserve to live your life in peace. I will pray for you.

QUESTION: Thanks for your prompt response. I am very stressed out and even if I say it wouldn't harm myself but I just feel too scared to think the procedure could have failed because it was done early. Th only symptoms that worry me are the headaches every now and then and the cramping sometimes at night. Forgot to mention I've taken a few pregnancy tests this week and it seems everyday the positive is more faint I mean I guess if I were to still be pregnant I would be around 7 to 8 weeks and I assume the pregnancy test will give me a strong positive or wouldn't it? I just want to be able to sleep today thinking I am right and its just my brain and my stress making me feel like the procedure could have fail. Thank you once again and will keep you posted on the outcome of all this.
Almost forgot as for my bf i am done with him i decided to move on i have bought airline tickets for next month and traveling for a month he is not good for me and this whole situation just open my eyes to what I didn't want to see. That's why I'm praying I'm still not pregnant this way I can move on and be done with this.

Answer
Hello, Alexandra,

You're welcome, and thank you for the kind rating. From what you are telling me, you aren't pregnant anymore. The symptoms will take time to subside. You may have to seek treatment for them, and you should be checked to make sure the abortion was complete and they didn't injure you. You can find a good doctor who is familiar with the medical consequences of abortion, by finding the organization near you as I recommended.

There are also permanent medical consequences to abortion, and unfortunately, you may experience some of them. You will need to be vigilant. The two main dangers I am aware of, long term, are breast cancer, and the chance of having a child with a birth defect. To help prevent breast cancer, get about 5000IU of Vitamin D3 daily. DO NOT GET MAMMOGRAMS. Get a thermogram instead, whenever you think you should. For the possibility of birth defects, when you become pregnant in the future, tell your doctor that you have had a surgical abortion. He can use a treatment that will help. It's called cerclage. It helps prevent premature birth or miscarriage. The cause of birth defects in this case is the fact that the damage to the cervix from an abortion weakens it so it cannot hold the weight of a full term baby.

I urge you to get counseling. Please! You can find an organization near you wherever you move. Right now, you want to put it behind you, but there is a great likelihood that it will haunt you in the future, and it can come without warning. Something may simply trigger the memory. It could be anything: seeing a baby, seeing an image, going to a movie, having a friend become pregnant, becoming pregnant, and many other ways. So please! You obviously need emotional and spiritual healing. If you simply suppress it as you seem to be saying, it will take its toll on you medically.

I will be here for you, and will welcome hearing from you even months from now as to how you are doing. Take care.

Abortion

Pat G