Abortion/Medical abortion failed

Question
Hi there
I regrettably had a medical abortion at 6weeks 5 days gestation. It was 2 weeks ago, I had severe cramps but no blood loss. I am still pregnant and embryo growing, they are saying I must have a surgical termination due to possible defects. I have grieved this baby once, now there is a chance I feel like I want to continue. However, I don't think I could forgive myself if this baby had defects to be reminded of what I did. I know the risk is low, however the research looks like my gestation is the time the cranio nerves develop, so this would be a high risk?
I am scared and alone, there is no support here in the UK for this.
Any advice would be gratefully received. I know this is my own doing. I am so very sorry.

Answer
Hello, Sarah,

I am sorry I didn't answer you sooner. I was gone all day.

The most likely reason that the abortion didn't succeed is because your baby was making his own progesterone, so as a result, no harm was done. The odds of having a baby with a defect due to the abortion attempt are very, very low. Babies can have other problems for other reasons. It's a risk all mothers take.

There IS help in UK. Go to this web site:

http://www.optionline.org/

They have a function that will help you locate a group or organization in your area that will help you.

Tell God you are sorry. He will forgive you. Then ask Him to help you forgive yourself, to honor His forgiveness.

I am glad you changed your mind about having an abortion. May God bless you and your baby, and have a Merry Christmas! Please keep in touch and let me know how things go. I look forward to seeing a picture of your baby! Take good care of both of you.

Abortion

Pat G