Abortion/the abortion pill

Question
Hi doctor im stressing like hell...i went to the clinic Ta hv an abortion they gave me the same abortion pill I saw in internet im 13 weeks pregnant I took them the same way they asked me too and it didn't work I went back and they gave me another dosage and still it didn't work I've been asked to come back again now I'm just worried that it might never work again what may be wrong with me? If the pills don't work what else can I try because I really cannot have this baby please help me before its too late

Answer
Hello, mary,

I found your question in the question pool. I apologize for not checking sooner. The doctor you asked was apparently absent.

Abortion pills don't work past about seven weeks, nine weeks tops. There is nothing wrong with you. The baby starts to make its own progesterone by that time, and since the pill only stops the mother from making progesterone, and the baby is already making progesterone, the pill won't work anymore.

You haven't said what country you are from. There are groups in many countries that can help you with problems like yours. To have an abortion at this point would be very dangerous, and could cost you your life. This is always true, but it gets to be much more dangerous. There are worse things than carrying to term, and if you simply cannot raise a baby, you can choose adoption. If you live in a country which is predominantly Muslim, or you belong to a Muslim family, that presents special problems, but otherwise, there are reasonable answers, answers you can live with. Please let me know how you are doing, what has happened since you wrote, and what country you live in, and I will try to help you further. Please don't take the pills again. They are poisonous and can cause you severe harm. Take care.

Abortion

Pat G