Abortion/What's happening?

Question
I think I miscarried. I'm not sure because I just had my period last week, it was heavy for a day or two. I passed a really big clot and it was bigger than anything that passed.

On feb 14, I had my period it was very light, lasted only a day, so I took a pregnancy test. It was negative. However, my breasts started to get tender and they grew a bit. I already have a son, so I know the signs of pregnancy. So I took another test, it came out invalid. I took another the next week still invalid. Then I had my period last week. When I took a pregnancy test again, it came out positive.

What's happening?

Answer
Hello, Sofia,

It's possible you miscarried. It sounds like you didn't really have a viable pregnancy, though. Although bleeding during a normal pregnancy is not common, it does happen. It would have been only about six weeks that you were actually pregnant, at most. If you were pregnant, you might still have enough pregnancy hormones to give a positive test at this point.

This is really a question about your own body, and nobody will be able to tell you anything about your body over the internet. If you really want to know what happened, I recommend you see a doctor. If you just want to wait and see, you can do that. Unless you start to bleed heavily, or have pain, there is no real danger. Be prepared for unexpected heavy bleeding, just in case.

If you do figure it out, please let me know what happened. And take care of yourself and your precious little boy.

Abortion

Pat G