Abortion/is it hormonal changes???

Had an abortion weeks ago and my breast returned to normal after the proceedure. haven't had my menses yet but my breast are back to itx it normal??

How are you doing? My name is April and I am a Certified Medical Assistant. I work at a women's health center that also performs abortions. Thank you for your question.Did you have the medication abortion or a surgical procedure? If you had your period several weeks ago, it's still considered normal for you to have not gotten a period yet. It can take a while longer to get a first normal menstrual period after an abortion. Typically once the HCG leaves your system( and this is achieved by ended the pregnancy) your breast tenderness stops. It typically does not return.At our patients 2 week followup post abortion most are telling me there breasts are no longer tender. Some still have tender breasts, but it is normally not bad at all anymore. Did you go to your follow up to ensure the abortion was successful? If you had a medication abortion it is crucial that you go to your follow up to have an ultrasound done. Since you pass the pregnancy on your own, and since the abortion meds are only 97% effective, you must have one done to make sure your uterus is empty and that the pregnancy did indeed pass. If you had a surgical procedure done, we like to do special low sensitivity pregnancy tests, just to ensure that everything was removed. Do not get a test over the counter and take it though, because at this point it will probably still show up positive. The tests you buy at like grocery stores will pick up such a small amount of the hcg hormone, that more than likely you will still test positive even though you are no longer pregnant. The reason for this is that all the hcg has not had enough time to leave your body. If you did go to your follow up and was told everything was fine, I would probably chalk this breast tenderness up to possibly your period is getting ready to start. You can have breast tenderness around that time. If you did not go to your follow up, I would call the clinic that did your abortion and explain what is going on. I would highly encourage you to go to this follow up. It is extremely rare, but it could be possibly you may still have an ongoing pregnancy, that is why you must go to your follow up. but considering the breast tenderness stopped and then started again, I highly doubt this is the case. Please follow up with me if you can, and contact your abortion provider. They can let you know if you need to come back in and be evaluated. Have you gotten on a good form of birth control? This will help regulate your menstrual cycles quicker following the abortion, and will help prevent any future unwanted pregnancies. I hope to hear back from you soon, and take care of yourself. Good luck to you, please rate my answer when you have a moment and if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know!!

I can answer questions relating to abortions including what options there are available and what the process is like. I have firsthand experience with the abortion pill(Mifeprex and misoprostol)and vacuum aspiration as these are the two options serviced in my clinic. If you are thinking about abortion and want someone to talk to I will gladly listen. I offer a non-judgmental view on abortion. I work at a family planning and abortion facility, I work with women of all walks of life who choose abortion. I am well educated and feel very capable of answering your questions in regard to this subject.

I am a Certified Medical Assistant and have worked at a family planning and abortion clinic for almost a year. I do the medical work up on our abortion patients prior to there procedures as well as counseling them before there procedure to ensure they are making this decision for the right reason. If the patient is not comfortable going forward, I non judgmentally explain to them there options to parent or place there child for adoption, giving referrals if necessary. I also stand next to our patients during there abortions holding there hands and assisting the doctor. I am there support person during there procedures. Afterwords we work closely with the patient to hopefully see they get on an effective form of birth control. I love my job, I feel i make a difference and I would not change it for the world.

I am still a member of the National Honor Society which I had the honor of being initiated into during college.

Associates Degree obtained in 2012 with a major in Medical Assisting. Certified Medical Assistant Certification obtained through the American Association of Medical Assistants(AAMA)in August of 2012

I was awarded the Deans award during all but one semester in college. This award is reserved for individuals who maintain a GPA of 3.7 or higher during that semester. I also received an award of perfect attendance during several semesters in college. Upon graduation I was the recipient of the Phoenix award. This award is given to an individual who the college feels has overcame amazing obstacles to get to where they are today.