Abortion/Abortion

Question
"hello doc..
I used the pill mifepristone and two misoprostol tablets all orally i swallowed them with water..i had bleeding but very less within a week my bleeding stopped..I concieved in 23 or 25 november 2013 not sure and i used these pills on 28 january 2014 for three days firstly mifepristone and misoprostol 2 days regularly later on 5 march 2014 i had an ultrasound test and it shows that the gestational age is 16weeks 2 days the heart rate is 152bpm and the weight is 158gms..for now i regret taking the pills and decided to continue with my pregnancy.. what effects the pills can do to my baby please tell me is there any chance of fetus malformation..is there any test to detect the anomalies in my baby..I want a healthy baby. today its around 20 weeks of my pregnancy and i can feel the movements too..please help me out to get out of this situation i am worried about my baby and regret whatever i have done by taking pills.."

Answer
If you are already seeing a doctor for prenatal care, then you should discuss your concerns with them. Unfortunately, birth defects can be a result of taking mifepristone and misoprostol. It is not guaranteed, but it is a possibility. Only your doctor will be able to tell you if this is the case. I wish you the best of luck.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options