Abortion/abortion and menstration

Question
dear doctor I am 40 years old I was 7 week 6 days pregnant and I did a abortion yesterday, but today I am clean no period can my period last only for 1 day.

Answer
After an abortion, bleeding can last for a few weeks, off and on. It is very likely that you will have more bleeding in the upcoming days. Some women do not bleed at all, although this is rare. The only real concern would be in you were either 1) having no bleeding but severe cramping, or 2) having no bleeding and continuing or worsening pregnancy symptoms for 10 or more days after an abortion. If either of those things occur, I would recommend seeing your abortion provider for a follow-up visit.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options