Abortion/abortion and menstration

dear doctor I am 40 years old I was 7 week 6 days pregnant and I did a abortion yesterday, but today I am clean no period can my period last only for 1 day.

After an abortion, bleeding can last for a few weeks, off and on. It is very likely that you will have more bleeding in the upcoming days. Some women do not bleed at all, although this is rare. The only real concern would be in you were either 1) having no bleeding but severe cramping, or 2) having no bleeding and continuing or worsening pregnancy symptoms for 10 or more days after an abortion. If either of those things occur, I would recommend seeing your abortion provider for a follow-up visit.  

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government