Abortion/brownish spoting

Question
I had a medical abortion using misoprostol alone insected viginally ,800mg three times in three hours intervals.  I had heavy bleeding n cramping after the 2nd administration of misoprostol. I passed out bloid clots n had lots of bleeding which lasted for 2hours n stopped. I bled for 3days lightly n hve been having brownish blood spoting since then. I tort I was to have bleeding for three weeks . Its not up to a week I took the misoprostol and now the brownish spoting. I was 6weeks pregnant. Is it normal for bleeding not to last dat long? And y the brownish spoting? Sud I still use cytotec again. I have not been to the hospital yet and I dont feel the abortion was incomplete.  Help I really dont know wats happening to my body.

Answer
Bleeding with the abortion pill is different for everybody. It can last anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks. Everything you described sounds very normal. What I would suggest is to get two pregnancy tests and take them one week apart. The first test will likely be 'very' positive, meaning that the test (T) line and the control (C) line will both be dark. Then, one week later, take the second test. At that time, we would assume that the test (T) line will be much lighter than the control (C) line. That indicates that the hormone level is dropping and that the pills were successful.

Also keep in mind that a doctor would not be able to tell that you took the pills, so if you are concerned, you can go to the doctor and they wouldn't know what had happened- it would look like a normal miscarriage.

I hope this information is helpful.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options