Abortion/i have polycyst ovarian syndrome.and i want to have an abortion

Question
i have polycyst ovarian syndrome .i want to have an abortion.should i go for medical or surgical abortion ?? Will having an abortion cause more adverse effects ??? Thank you...

Answer
Hello, kriti,

I am not entirely clear on what you are asking in your message. Do you want to have an abortion because you have PCOS? Are you aware that this child may be the only child you ever conceive? Do you want to have children in the future?

Abortion is always very dangerous. It can cause untold medical problems, as well as emotional and spiritual problems. It can kill you.Medical abortions don't always work, and then most people will tell you that you have to have a surgical abortion. If you do that, you run two sets of risks. I could go into a lot of details about all the medical problems abortion can cause. You really deserve better. Another problem is that it is becoming clear that nearly all abortion facilities fail miserably when inspected by local health departments. Abortionists do not take good care of women, so in addition to the natural risks, you also have the risk of receiving shoddy medical care. Don't just go to some abortionist who claims to be safe and caring. Check him out. Let me know if you need this information. In addition, PCOS represents an imbalance of hormones, and abortion causes the disruption of a woman's hormones. What this means medically for a specific woman is anybody's guess, but it's not something I would personally want to mess with.

But because you are asking specifically about PCOS, let me point out some thoughts.

PCOS tends to make a woman more prone to weight gain and type 2 diabetes. Abortion often causes women to have eating disorders. Put those two together, and it can spell serious trouble. Here's why. Suppose you don't develop an eating disorder as such. However, you have emotional difficulties, so you seek medication that will help you with the emotional issues. Some of the medications can also cause weight gain and type 2 diabetes. So you pile many risk factors together and make obesity and diabetes much more likely. It doesn't make sense to me to do that.

PCOS is not a condition that should make abortion medically desirable, either. Nowadays, a woman can be managed through a pregnancy with almost any condition. And if she is prone to gestational diabetes, there are ways to manage that. This is an area where I have done a fair amount of study. If you eat right, and manage your health with herbs and supplements, you can avoid gestational diabetes. If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

You need and deserve some decent counseling before taking an action that you may regret for the rest of your life. There are many resources available to you, and many people who want to help you find a better answer. You deserve to know what all your options are, and what resources are available to you. You can find an organization near you where you can get counseling and material help by going to this web site:

http://www.optionline.org/

In order to give you a chance to think through all of this and have a solid decision, I also recommend you consider the short essay on this web site:

http://www.careconfidential.com/Stories/559.aspx

Please keep in touch and let me know what happens. Please don't risk your life. Take care of yourself.

Abortion

Pat G