Abortion/Bleeding post abortion

Question
I had a a miscarriage on the 23rd of  may, i was 6-7 weeks pregnant. Went to the doctor and he gave me 8 pills of cytotec to clean out the tissue, and told me to take 2 pills every 6 hours. Its been a little over 2 months since, i think i got my period on the 24th of  june (heavy bleeding for  5-6 days)  and ever since the miscarriage i've had on and off bleeding. I was not able to go to the follow up appointment because i cannot afford it; and almost everytime i have  intercourse, i have pain on the lower right side of my tummy ( during and sometimes after intercourse), and i spot a little. But a few days after intercourse (also painful), i bled and am still bleeding a little. I wouldn't call it spotting because the color is clearly darker. Im just afraid  that the pain is due to any leftovers of tissue or maybe the doctor was wrong maybe i didnt miscarry and still carrying a child?

Answer
Dear Miriam,

The first thing you should do is to take an at home urine pregnancy test.  If the test is positive, even faintly, it will be necessary to visit the doctor again, because more than likely the miscarriage was not complete. If the test is negative, you should still see a gynecologist to be evaluated for your abdominal pain and irregular bleeding.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options