Abortion/Incomplete Medical Abortion/ Infection?

Question
Hello. I had a medical abortion done 3 weeks ago. 7/24 I took Mifepristone at the clinic and then took the Misoprostol  7/25 (24 hours later at home.) I started bleeding 2 hours after taking the Misoprostol and passed 5 clots within 6 hours. After the last clot, bleeding subsided to period like bleeding and i bled like that for about 7 days 7/25-7/31, My pregnancy symptoms were gone and i was feeling back to normal. After the 7 days of period like bleeding i stopped bleeding for 4 days (8/1-8/4) and My husband and I fooled around, We did not have sexual intercourse but he put a dildo inside of my vagina. I started to bleed again 8/5-8/7 but it was light. I am due for my follow-up scan on 8/15, But this week after the bleeding I am feeling Pregnancy Symptoms again. Very Sore Breasts, Headache, Nauseous, Neck ache, Tired. I took a pregnancy test and its still reading Postive.

I'm sorry if my post is all over the place. I just want to know if any of this sounds like the abortion was incomplete or i might have an infection. I contacted my clinic and all they told me to do was wait for my follow up. My headache feels like the ones I usually get when im about to get my period. I have no temperature and husband keeps checking my blood pressure and everything seems to be normal. I am just really feeling physically worn out and exhausted right now. I just want this all to be over with. TIA

Answer
Chloe,

I am so sorry!! For some reason, I was not notified I had a question. Well you have already had your scan by this time, but what I was going to say was that it is normal to still show positive on a pregnancy test until 6 weeks or so after an abortion. What you experienced during the medication abortion all sounds normal, however we can never be sure everything passed until you do your follow up ultrasound, however 97% of the time everything does pass.We like patients to not insert anything into the vagina for 14 days afterwords,and you waited 10.. which it could have been worse. Your bleeding returned because something was inserted into the vagina which is also normal. High temperature, foul smelling or discolored discharge , as well as pelvic pain could all be signs of infection, which you did not mention so that is good.  Now as to why your pregnancy symptoms left, then returned, I don't have an answer for you. I hope everything was cleared up at your follow up, if you have the time shoot me a follow up email. And again so sorry about the delay!
April

Abortion

April