Abortion/misoprostol

Question
please I need help ,I went to get a contraceptive pills for the immediate sex I had,n they pharmacist gave me misoprostol,and since then I have been bleeding,I went to my doctor n explain everything,he ran a test on me and also did scanning but he said nothing was wrong wit me that he's just seeing normal menstrual flow and I hve been bleeding for month,pls wat can I do am helpless.

Answer
Thanks for your question. Were you pregnant when you took the misoprostol or were you looking for a pill to help prevent pregnancy? Misoprostol is 1 of 2 medications that is given to terminate a pregnancy.It should never be used unless you were trying to induce an abortion. I see your in another country, Im in the United States so I'm not sure why the pharmacist would just give you that medication. You should be evaluated by a doctor before taking that. If you have unprotected sex and want to lower the chance of pregnancy, you need to ask for emergency contraception. I'm not sure what brand names it goes by over there, but over here it is called Plan B,or Next Choice. You can also get on birth control pills and take 1 every day and that will prevent pregnancy. If you are still bleeding you need to go to another doctor( a gynecologist) and explain what happened, so they can help you further. Never take misoprostol unless you know you are pregnant and want to abort, and it was prescribed by a doctor.It can be very dangerous if not taken correctly and monitored by a doctor.Take care of yourself, and let me know if I can do anything else.
April

Abortion

April