Abortion/Pink discharge after abortion

Hi. I had medical abortion (Mifeprestone and Misoprostol) last August 29, 2014. I bled for 2 weeks, and after 2 weeks and 3 days, i had sex with my boyfriend with the withdrawal thing. After 5 days, And yesterday (September 19,2014) up to now, i noticed some pinkish discharge. Note: I used pregnancy test before we got sex and it shows negative, that was when i was on my 2nd week after abortion. Is this discharge normal? i dont feel any pain or sore. When will I get my period again? Am i pregnant or what? or any tissues left or infections? But i tool antibiotics when i was on my 1st week of abortion. Please please reply, im worried and i lived in a country where abortion is illegal thats why i cant go to see doctor.

Hello, thank you for contacting us.  First of all, you should expect your normal period anywhere from 4-6 weeks after an abortion, but in some women it may take longer than six weeks.  You should take another pregnancy test two weeks after you had sex with your partner, especially if you haven't gotten your period yet.  If you continue to have discharge, you may want to have a pelvic exam. Some women do have some continued light bleeding in the weeks following a medical abortion, and as long as the bleeding is not heavy and there is no abdominal pain this is not generally seen to be a problem. If you are not going to be on a method of birth control, you should use condoms regularly, preferably with spermicide, because withdrawal is not reliable enough for pregnancy prevention.  Hopefully this information helps, and please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government