Abortion/abortion pill

I've taking my abortion pills over three weeks now but im still spotting....I have not been for my follow up but I feel fine...I'm just curious to know if this is normal for spotting after three weeks. ..I was approaching the three months mark when I did this.

Hello, Stacey,

Evidently you sent the question to another expert, who didn't answer. I don't normally check the question pool, and I apologize for the delay in providing an answer.

You said that you took the pills at three months. Ordinarily, they won't work that late in pregnancy. Are you experiencing symptoms of pregnancy? By now, you should be able to feel your uterus, and possibly even see it expanding your waist. Pills will often cause spotting or bleeding, and this can go on for weeks or months. Did you pass a lot of blood to begin with, and did you pass anything other than blood?

I don't know what country you are in, but there is help for women in your position in some countries. If you tell me what country you are in, I will see if help is available.

Please do not take any more pills. They can kill you, or greatly weaken you. They can cause other medical problems, some of them serious. Please take good care of yourself, and let me know how you are doing.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.