I inserted 2 eprostol tablets in my vigina to abort a month old pregnancy, been bleeding for a week n 2 days now with extreme pains....what should I do? am scared.

Hello, Ruth,

I am sorry for what you are going through. What you have experienced so far is very common. You are at risk of bleeding heavily without warning for several weeks. In addition, it is very dangerous to put the tablets in your vagina. If you have Clostridium sordellii in your body, it could cause a massive infection that could kill you within hours. You need immediate medical care. Please do not go to an abortion facility. They will not take good care of you. A doctor needs to determine if you have Clostridium sordellii in your body, and if you do, he needs to start aggressive life-support measures immediately.

There are organizations throughout the country that will help you. They have doctors who can examine you and determine what is happening, and provide you with good medical care. Please contact them right away and arrange to see someone there. You can find an organization near you by going here:

I will pray for you. Please don't ever use those dangerous pills again. You deserve better. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.