Abortion/bv and post abortion

Question
QUESTION: I'm due to have an abortion in a couple of days and I'm sure I have bacteria vaginosis...its 5 day vaginal treatment but is it ok to start treating now even though they da dont put anything in your vagina for a week after or should I wait until after a week to treat....it stinks horribly!

ANSWER: Hello, christie,

I'm so sorry you have this problem!

It would be very unwise to have an abortion while you have a condition like this, because it will open your uterus to infection, and because of the raw surfaces, it will get into your blood stream. It's an instant recipe for a systemic infection, and it could cost you dearly, even possibly your life.

Could you please explain the nature of the treatment you wish to undertake? Are you doing this on your own, or do you have a doctor who has prescribed the treatment?

Do you know which bacteria you have?

I can help you find a doctor you can trust, who will treat you. Please let me know if you are interested. Also, you will be able to learn what your alternatives are, and what resources are available to you. Take care of yourself. Don't risk your life and health. You deserve better.

QUESTION: It's bv bacteria vaginosis and I was prescribed metronidozal gel

Answer
Hello, christie,

Thanks for the information.  I see the gel contains the following: carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben. That's some doggone nasty stuff! Among other things, it has a slew of side effects, and can cause candida infection!

Here's a link to the information:
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/metronidazole-topical-side-effects.html

In the past, I've looked up some of these ingredients on the Environmental Working Group Skin Deep web site. I am horrified they use ANY of these ingredients in ANY preparation! (I'll go into detail about the risks, if you ask me to.)

Aside from anything else, it sounds like you need some COMPETENT medical care. I would NEVER use that in a million years!

This isn't something I have researched, but if you want me to see if I can find an alternative, let me know.

After reading about all the side effects, do you want that stuff in your UTERUS? In addition to the warning not to have an abortion while you have an infection because of the possibility the infection could get into the blood stream, you can get this stuff in there, and it is for EXTERNAL use only. You sure wouldn't want this stuff to be in your blood stream!

If you go for your abortion appointment in spite of my warning you, please pay attention to the following: Does the abortionist take a medical history? Does he warn you about the dangers of having an abortion while you have a vaginal infection? Does he postpone your abortion until the infection is healed? If he doesn't do all three, then get out of there as fast as your legs can carry you!

You deserve better than all this. There are good doctors out there who can help you with safe methods. There are also resources available to you so you don't have to risk your life. Take the time to find out what your options are, and to talk to a real doctor about the dangers of having an abortion with a vaginal infection, and while using metronidozal gel. Please do this. There are organizations in your area that can provide you with a referral to a doctor and can present you with your options. To find one near you, please go to this web site:

http://www.optionline.org/

I hope you are better soon.  Don't rush into anything. You have your whole life ahead of you, and you can easily do something now that you will regret for the rest of your life.

Please keep in touch and let me know what happens.

Abortion

Pat G