i did an abortion on June 11th recently did an ultrasound and it showed nothing according to the radiologist did a pregnancy test was negative from the ending of July until now i'm experiencing movements with thumping of what seem to be a heartbeat especially when the lump is on one side  and i touch it happens to move my breast is tender and feeling of fluid running down in them my tummy also seem to be growing now i'm so confuse i want it to be there but not sure it is i got scared of having a 4th child coming without a father standing by and i'm not working it would be my family responsibility and they were arguing over another child coming when they can hardly manage with the 3 that is already here but after going through the abortion i think i want my baby but not sure if its really there i'm so stressed out and confused

Hello, kimberly,

It wouldn't be possible for me to figure out what is going on with your body, over the internet, and neither could anyone else. That said, I can say some other things I hope will be helpful.

It sounds like you regret your abortion. You may welcome the opportunity to talk to someone who can help you deal with it, someone who can be there with you in person. I don't have any information at the moment on how to find someone, but I can ask around, and see what I can find out. Would you like me to do that?

I'd like to talk to you about the symptoms you are experiencing. Do you have a noticeable lump in your stomach, that you cannot explain, particularly if you lie in bed on your stomach? How far along were you when you had the abortion? Were you counting from your last menstrual period, or from when you think you conceived? I am not aware that women feel fluid running down in their breasts during pregnancy, and I do know it isn't possible to feel the baby's heartbeat (someone else could possibly hear it, or you could hear it with a stethoscope, but you won't be able to feel it.) If you are far enough along, you might feel movement. The question is whether or not somehow they missed your baby and it is there. With a negative pregnancy test, that is very unlikely. What kind of abortion did you have, and how did it go?

Having another child when you don't have resources is difficult, and in many cases can seem impossible. It does sound like you didn't want an abortion, but you didn't feel you had a choice. Who was arguing about you having another child? Your family? Your three children? Often family will pressure a woman to have an abortion.

So I really need to know a little more before I can make any further comments. My heart goes out to you, and I will pray for you. Please take good care of yourself and your children, and keep in touch and answer my questions.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.