Abortion/Am I pregnant

Question
QUESTION: I had unprotected sex on 3 August and after 5 days I started feeling unease and vomiting. Is there any chance that I am pregnant?

ANSWER: Hello, Maneesha,

I don't have enough information to have an opinion. When was your last menstrual period? When do you expect your next period? Have you continued to have vomiting? Have you been running a fever?

Do you remember if you had any transparent slippery fluid before you had sex?

Please keep in mind that "protection" doesn't work, so the mere fact it was "unprotected" doesn't make it more likely you are pregnant. Also, you might not have vomiting so early if you are pregnant from that incident. There is always the possibility you had the flu or something else.

It sounds like you live in fear of pregnancy. That's no way to live! If you are not married, don't let a man use your body for pleasure and cause you to be afraid.

Please let me know the answers, and I will make further comments. Thank you.

QUESTION: Thanks for the reply.

I have my periods started on 19 July and I had sex on 3rd August. Then after 5 day I started feeling unease and vomiting. After that I had fever on 12 August. Please help me more to clarify.

Answer
Hello, Maneesha,

You're welcome.

If your period started on 19 July, then it would have been 22 days until 3rd of August. That would theoretically put your next period (if your periods are average length) within a week. Ovulation occurs 14 days before the next period will start (if it does). Fertility might be 3 days either side. I don't know if your periods are average length (28 days) but if they are, then you weren't fertile when you had sex. Unless you were fertile, conception cannot occur.

It would seem that fever should occur at most within a day or two of symptoms like vomiting. But although I have heard a woman can run a fever from becoming pregnant, I don't have any information that this is really the case. It is much more likely you had some kind of "bug".

If you are at all aware of the dangers of abortion, you will want to avoid having one, no matter what. The best way to avoid it is not to need one in the first place. Don't let a man use your body for his own pleasure at your expense. If he truly loves you, and you ask him to respect and protect you, it won't be a problem. If he isn't willing to respect and protect you, then you should look for someone else. You deserve a man who will cherish you. If you two truly love each other, then you should get married before you have sex. If you are already married, you can get help if you become pregnant, so that you don't have to face the possibility of abortion. I give you more information below.

In the meantime, if it turns out you ARE pregnant, please don't have an abortion. It can kill you, seriously harm you, or kill or harm your future children. It isn't worth it. In your country, there are organizations which are staffed by people willing to help you with whatever problems you face. You haven't said where in your country you live. But you can find out where your closest organization or clinic is. Go to this page for further information:

http://chai-india.org/?page_id=138

As I said, it is unlikely you are pregnant.

I hope for all the best for you. Please keep in touch and let me know what happens, and please take good care of yourself. Don't take chances. You have your whole future ahead of you.

Abortion

Pat G