Abortion/Bloated stomach

Question
I had an abortion 3 months ago I was 5 weeks and ever since then I've been bloated and I my stomach looks larger than it looked when I was pregnant. Should I be worried or is it normal ?

Answer
Hello, Joselyn,

Having an abortion is not normal. It does terrible things to a woman's body. If you have any unusual symptoms, you should have them checked out. Is there a possibility you have put on weight? One consequence is eating disorders. Are you running a fever? Another consequence can be infection, and a woman doesn't always run a fever. But "silent" infections can rob a woman of her ability to have children in the future.

By all means, please see a doctor. You will need to find one who understands the medical consequences of abortion. If you are unable to find such a doctor on your own, you can find one by contacting an organization near you that helps pregnant women. They have doctors affiliated with them, and provide post-abortion services.

To find one near you, please visit this web site:

http://www.optionline.org/

Please let me know what you find out, and please take good care of yourself.

Abortion

Pat G