Abortion/Scared:( please help

Question
Hello,
I had a surgical abortion about two months ago (don't judge me) I regret it but did it since I have ibs health problems. And after my abortion I started welling sick flu like symptoms cold nasea and after diarreah for about three weeks after I had rashes on my skin. It went away and I went and asked doctor if I can catch hiv from surgical abortion at planned parenthood he said absolutely not now I have a white toungue and dry mouth and just I'm in a relationship me and him are not working and always together so I know he could not give me anything is there any way I can get hiv from surgical abortion and I I did can I sue them since they never told me that I was at risk for that and if they did I would never have done it please help:( I'm crying every day for my mistake.

Answer
Hello, Jennifer,

We're not into judging people here. It sounds like you are doing plenty of judging for yourself. Please know that there is help available. There are organizations in your state that provide services to women who have experienced abortion. These include counseling and medical care. To find one near you, please visit:

http://www.optionline.org/

HIV usually doesn't show any symptoms for quite awhile. Yes, it is possible to get HIV from an abortion, though it is rare. It is also possible to get any number of other sexually transmitted diseases from an abortion. Abortionists do not tend to clean their instruments properly. As for whether or not you can sue, that would mostly depend on if you actually caught anything. I have learned that you cannot sue simply because of the fear that is generated from having had an abortion. It would be important to have a doctor check for various diseases. Then, if it is something that can be treated, you can get treatment. It does sound like you have something; I wouldn't expect that those symptoms are strictly emotional. And no, they will not tell you the truth about the harm abortion causes.

As for IBS, there are natural treatments available. I used to have it. I drink goat kefir. Restoring intestinal flora is very important. Also, I just learned of a new treatment that might be beneficial. It's basically colostrum, very healing. You can get colostrum yourself, but there is a medical product that requires a prescription. It's called EnteraGam. It may not be widely known. But anybody who told you you needed an abortion because you have IBS was also lying to you. This sort of thing makes me feel a sense of outrage. Nobody should be coercing a woman into an abortion she doesn't want because of some medical problem. I am so sorry. In fact, abortion disrupts the hormones, and I could see the possibility that this would make your IBS worse, and as a result, you could develop any number of symptoms.

I am so sorry you have had this experience, and I cry with you. I will pray for you. Please take good care of yourself, and let me know how you are doing. Feel free to discuss anything else that you are concerned about.

Abortion

Pat G