Abortion/still worried...please help me...

Blood cloth
Blood cloth  

Placenta living here in saudi arabia where abortion is really prohibited, im really worried about my situation if my home abortion is successful...i had an intercourse with my boyfriend last june 23, and i had a brown spot after 3 days then it had stopped. i took a pregnancy test after 11 days the result is faint positive then  i tried again the next day and its negative and i tried again after 3 hours still negative. im very curious that time. my period should come in July 5 but i missed that day so i try to test again and it came out negative but i had notice some changes in my body...breast tenderness and nausea but not for a long time, I drink parsley tea and vitmains C 5000 mg daily for a week. then after that i drink ginger tea for 3 days and i did warm shower. July 20 i had some light bleeding then in the afternoon theres a tiny blood cloth came out just like a tadpole with a tiny tissue and the breast tenderness had gone when i woke up thursday morning. then July 22 evening theres omething came out on me its like a Placenta(liver like tissue)with a tiny umbilical cord attouch on it. is it possible that i am pregnant but the pregnancy test didnt get the right result. im still having a light blood spot until today and had some mild cramps on my left side abdomen and im taking antibiotic for 2 days now. Im hoping that u can help me into this... Thank you  in advance for your responce...May God bless u...

Hello, dhemie,

Your question is a very difficult one. You are basically asking me to diagnose pregnancy, or not, over the internet. I don't think anybody can do that. I appreciate your situation, living in your country. I understand that the remedies you have mentioned are supposed to produce miscarriage in some cases, but I don't know how well they "work". There is also always the question about whether you had a viable pregnancy to begin with; many women miscarry in the early months.

It wouldn't be reasonable to ask you to have a doctor check you out under the circumstances, either.

The pictures weren't a lot of help, but thanks for sending them.

I think the main thing is you will have to wait and see. Negative pregnancy tests can indicate you aren't pregnant right now, but I wouldn't rely on them totally, because if something depresses the hormones, you'll get a negative, even if you're still pregnant. I realize that waiting is difficult, and I am sure you are aware that any kind of abortion is very dangerous for you. I do not recommend getting any pills and using them. They can kill you.

I don't know enough of your situation to know what dangers you face if you are pregnant right now, but I know they can be considerable, depending on your religion. If you are still pregnant, the best recommendation I can give you is to see if you can leave the country for a few months. If this isn't a reasonable option for you, I believe there is an American embassy there. You can ask them for help. I don't know how much they can help, but you can certainly try. Another option would be for you and your boyfriend to go to a different part of the country together for a few months as a married couple, or actually get married. Other than that, resources are very poor there. I feel for you, but I sure don't have any really good answers. I hope and pray you will be OK. May God bless you as well.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.