Abortion - Pro Choice Views/LIGHT PERIOD AFTER ABORTION

Question
Dear Danielle,

I had an abortion (vacuum) last October 2. I bleed for almost 2 weeks after that abortion. After a month, Novemeber 3, I got my period, I am not sure if it's a period because it is very light. Now it's my second day of period, I want to take a birth control pills, but Im not sure if I should take or no because my period is very light.

Thanks

Answer
Hi April :)

It doesn't matter how light it is-it still counts :) You can go ahead and start those pills at any time-if you start them on your period, you are immediately protected. But you can start them at any time and gain full protection after 7 days.

Abortion - Pro Choice Views

Danielle