Abortion - Pro Choice Views/Fetal homicide laws

Question
Hi. My question is why are abortion rights advocates generally against fetal homicide laws? How do you personally feel about the issue? And if you are personally opposed to fetal homicide laws, would you support a law that made injuring or killing a pregnant woman a more serious offense (with the focus being on the woman herself rather than the fetus)? Thank you for your time.

Angela

Answer
Hi Angela :)

I'm opposed to the way in which they get used-to harass, threaten, and even imprison women who experience miscarriages. Like you mentioned, a focus on the woman is one thing, but my instinct always tell me these laws are really meant to get further restrictions in future on abortion procedures. Maybe something like the homicide of the pregnant woman or anything non consensual resulting in harm to the fetus would be ok, but who knows how'd they would manage to mess that up.

Abortion - Pro Choice Views

Danielle