Abortion - Pro Choice Views/Questions Answered by Expert Deborah

SubjectDate Asked
Attempted abortions2/25/2013
  Q: My question is what are anti abortion people talking about when they refer to "attempted abortions"? ...
  A: I would have to read the specific language but in general when I have read similar things they have ...
Aborion12/9/2009
  Q: My name is Angela. I have been dating a man that I really like for the last couple of months, and ...
  A: I could never date a man with those beliefs. Basically, and you already know this, but being ...
effects of teenage abortions11/29/2009
  Q: I am a student and I have been conducting some research on teenage pregnancy, it would be great if ...
  A: Here are your questions followed by my answers. Do children brought up by parents, who gave birth ...
Stupek amendment11/19/2009
  Q: My question is regarding the controversy over the Stupek ammendment. I am a bit confused, and was ...
  A: You are correct, The Hyde Amendment bans the use of federal tax dollars from paying for ...
partial birth abortion11/8/2009
  Q: Deborah I've heard many pro choice activist saying that partial birth abortion should be legalized ...
  A: First of all, there is no such medical term called "Partial birth abortion". Here is the correct ...
debate11/3/2009
  Q: i'm participating in an abortion debate and was wondering if you could link me to a strong abortion ...
  A: I have a blog entitled Why I am Pro-Choice: ...
school11/1/2009
  Q: i'm preparing for a class debate on abortion and i need some solid information on both sides of the ...
  A: There is no one or two places to get this information. The best thing I can do is give you my web ...
"Women should go back to the kitchen"10/28/2009
  Q: My name is Janice. I have asked you a question before regarding abortion rights, and you were very ...
  A: Part of Africa has it's own rape issues: South Africa has the highest rates of rape in the world, ...
Abortion10/13/2009
  Q: I am a feminist and VERY pro-choice. I have been involved in abortion rights activism since my late ...
  A: "They will argue that a woman can still be independent and sucessful, and have children. Which IS ...
Teachers views on sex and abortion upset student9/27/2009
  Q: My name is Eliza and I'm a high school student. I wanted to ask a question about something that was ...
  A: I am shocked and horrified that this teacher said any of those things. Believe me, you were not the ...
Thinking about abortion and I'm 12 weeks!!9/23/2009
  Q: I am 12 weeks pregnant today. I am currently considering abortion but I know I wont have the funds ...
  A: An abortion is still safe now, although not as safe as it would have been a month ago. I would ask ...
Abortion and rape9/14/2009
  Q: My question is how do you feel about laws that would criminalize abortion even in cases of rape? I ...
  A: I feel exactly the same way you do. In fact, I could have written that paragraph word for word! ...
When does a fetus grow a full head of hair?9/11/2009
  Q: I was looking at some abortion pictures and there are several (maybe of the same fetus) that had a ...
  A: Those pictures are fake. You are very smart to notice that it is impossible for a 24 week fetus to ...
Is The Fetus a Person?9/9/2009
  Q: How can you prove that a fetus is not a person/baby? I know it's been asked a million times but I'd ...
  A: The terms "fetus", "person", and "baby" all have definitions. A fetus is part of a woman's body ...
abortion9/3/2009
  Q: what if a soon to be mother goes to the doctor and the doctor tell her that her child is going to ...
  A: First of all, please forgive me for not answering this sooner. I had a medical procedure done and ...
Late-Term Abortion & Meth Addiction9/2/2009
  Q: I've read your advice to others and I really value your opinion. I've been clean off of meth for ...
Debating abortion6/6/2009
  Q: I was watching an hour television special on CNN this evening about the abortion debate (and Dr. ...
  A: Read these posts at my blog: Why I am Pro-Choice ...
Supreme Court6/3/2009
  Q: I just wondered what you thought of President Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court? I am a bit ...
  A: I absolutely agree with everything you have just said. Unfortunately I cannot properly answer your ...
pregnancy test negative5/20/2009
  Q: i had surgical abortion on 13th april.i did not bleed that much then i started spotting after a week ...
  A: I wouldn't know anymore than the doctor who saw you in person. I would believe what they said. Are ...
Pregnant with twins but considering abortion, help!2/22/2009
  Q: I will do my best to make this complicated mess as short as possible. I am 8 weeks pregnant with ...
  A: I would never, in a million years, have children with the man you are with, and especially in the ...
Woman who has fourteen kids2/16/2009
  Q: This question is sort of indirectly related to abortion. I wondered what you thought about the woman ...
  A: You could absolutely argue that is is immoral to bring 14 children into the world with no husband ...
Is maternal instinct real or a myth?12/5/2008
  Q: I have a question that is not necessarily specifically about abortion, but related to it. I have ...
  A: There is no scientific evidence for a "maternal instinct". Abortion and birth control have nothing ...
I'm pregnant and terrified11/25/2008
  Q: My situation has came as quite a shock, I will make an effort to make a long, complicated story as ...
  A: I agree with you that your boyfriend would not want to bring up another man's child, but that is ...
Abortion at four and a hald months11/14/2008
  Q: A friend of mine is four and a half months pregnant and in a terrible situation. She wants to get ...
  A: It is true that abortion is difficult to obtain at 4 and a half months. Abortion is illegal after ...
abortion11/13/2008
  Q: I have a very strong opinion on this subject, for one thing, because I have fourteen brothers and ...
  A: The part about what if you are right and what if I am right does not make sense. Please try to ...
abortion11/8/2008
  Q: I notice how you didn't respond to my "innocent until proven guilty" concept. I also notice how you ...
  A: I'm not really sure what you mean by the "innocent until proven guilty" concept. I'd be glad to ...
abortion11/5/2008
  Q: I'm just curious to know how you justify your support of abortion. I can't see how it's even an ...
  A: Yes I can deny that abortion ends a life, because your definition of "life" and mine are different. ...
Abortion and the election11/5/2008
  Q: As a woman and a strong supporter of choice, I was very excited when it was announced that Barack ...
  A: I feel all of the same emotions that you are feeling! Yes, Palin's irrational anti-abortion stance ...
Abortion11/1/2008
  Q: My daughter is pregnant and wants to have an abortion but she never told the father and she is 14 ...
  A: Vinson, Your daughter does not have to say a word to the father, no matter what state she lives in. ...
This isn't right10/21/2008
  Q: This isn't a question about abortion from a medical standpoint. I guess I am just interested in ...
  A: I agree with your sentiments 100%. It is outrageous to use a woman's private medical decision as an ...
Abortion10/14/2008
  Q: My question is do you really think that it is possible that abortion could become illegal again? ...
  A: "Hi. My question is do you really think that it is possible that abortion could become illegal ...
Abortion rights and democracy9/27/2008
  Q: I was having a discussion today with a friend of mine who is personally pro-choice, but she stated ...
  A: As a country, we do not vote on civil rights for citizens. If we did, the civil rights act of 1964 ...
abortion9/24/2008
  Q: Iam 7 weeks pregant,but seriously thinking about abortion beig 7 weeks pregnant what will the ...
  A: There are two types of abortion you could have, one is a pill you take, and another is a procedure ...
I am pregnant, and i am unsure wether to keep it...9/18/2008
  Q: Me and my partner have been together 2 years and i have just found out that i am pregnant a few ...
  A: It seems as if you already made the decision to have a baby when you went off the pill and still had ...
Illegal abortion9/12/2008
  Q: I just had this frustrating conversation with a woman who said she didn't care if McCain/Palin were ...
  A: With all due respect to whoever that woman is with whom you spoke, that's a pretty stupid argument. ...
period stopped after abortion9/9/2008
  Q: my gf got pregnent 3 months before. after 1 & half month later she started to vomit. we had to go ...
  A: Why are you afraid to go to the doctor's? She was supposed to go in for a follow up appointment ...
Debating abortion9/5/2008
  Q: My question is do you ever get stumped when debating the abortion issue? Please allow me to tell you ...
  A: I, too, become flustered, especially when debating women who obviously hate their own gender. You ...
Birth control/abortion8/6/2008
  Q: I'm not sure whether or not you can answer this or not(this is more about contraception, but is a ...
  A: You wrote: "Needless to say she is against abortion as well. Aside from thinking it is "murder" she ...
Is any of this true?6/24/2008
  Q: I keep hearing that there is a heartbeat at 18 days and brain waves at 6 weeks. Also, I have ...
  A: Subject: Is any of this true?I keep hearing that there is a heartbeat at 18 days There are heart ...
I need help6/19/2008
  Q: I am the victim of rape and now I am pregnant. I cannot afford an abortion but I also cannot have ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear about the horrific attack you've just been through. I hope you went to the ...
Abortion and the death penalty6/13/2008
  Q: My question is in your opinion is it hypocritical for a person to be pro-choice and anti death ...
  A: First of all, a human being, an adult male, is a very different entity from a fertilized egg or an ...
The Fetus6/10/2008
  Q: My question is is abortion murder? After all, the baby does have a heart beat, and if the pregnancy ...
  A: Here is an interesting article about the ...
Abortion debate5/30/2008
  Q: I recently got into a heated debate over abortion with a group of my colleagues, and afterwards I ...
  A: I think you handled yourself extremely well, especially since the people who were opposing you sound ...

All Questions in This Category

Abortion - Pro Choice Views

Deborah

Top Expert on this page