Abortion - Pro Life Views/Pro-Life, and Pro-Death?

Hello.  As a teenager in the 21st century, a devote Christian, and a future minister of the Gospel, I always try to look to God's Word for my views.  I am not a Democrat, nor am I a Republican.  My worldview comes from God and His Church.  I am Pro-Life in every sense of the word.  I am against abortion, euthanasia, unjust war, contraception,etc... I am struggling with the death penalty.  I figures since you answer Pro-Life questions, this would be a place to begin.  If we as Christians are truly Pro-Life, why or how can we support the death penalty?  I have read the verses for and against and I cannot come to a peace about this issue.  If we execute criminal are we not taking away his chance of salvation.  I think of David Berkowitz who is now saved by Jesus Christ.  I look forward to your response.  Thanks for your time.  God Bless You!

In Christ Alone,

We oftentimes support the death penalty due to Biblical precepts found in the Old Testament.  Also, not based on religious principles, we sometimes support the death penalty in the supposition that we as society do not need to keep feeding and taking care of someone in jail with our tax monies, when that person has committed such a heinous act.  Also, once someone has been put to death, he/she can definitely no longer commit any crimes (I'm not trying to be trite, but it is logical).
Regarding salvation, that does make the issue a bit of a conundrum unfortunately.  I have to think that with life being kept going way after it would have normally for just average people, is there really a place to draw the line?  I am not sure; I do not have the answer to that.
Good luck, and best wishes.

Abortion - Pro Life Views

Bill Stephens

I am definitely pro-life and can explain that position very well, along with related issues such as economic, sociological, emotional, and biblical.

Strong faith and study.