Abusive Relationships/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Silent Treatment10/27/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I'm a man in my forties and have been in a relationship for almost a year and half with someone at ...
  A: Let me just say two things right up front. You setting boundaries and keeping them is not ...
Feeling comfortable again after an abusive relationship9/21/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I am 22 and I was in an emotionally, physically and sexually abusive relationship from age 17 until ...
  A: However, your therapist is your best option with regard to moving past PTSD type symptoms. I would ...
Feeling comfortable again after an abusive relationship?9/21/2016Dr. David Simonsen
  A: I don't think you should be in a relationship until you actually work through the things that led ...
Mistress6/22/2016Azure
  Q: I have been this guy's mistress for about 5 years, he takes care if needed and pays all my bill and ...
  A: this has NOTHING to do with him, and moaning about unfairness will fall on deaf ears; when you ...
sem0725@gmail.com6/22/2016Dr. David Simonsen
  A: Sarah, This has nothing to do with Fair or right. You have a business arrangement with him albeit ...
Disgruntled ex employee/friend out to get me6/20/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I have found myself in a very sticky situation with an ex employee, and somebody who was at one ...
  A: I am so sorry that you find yourself in this kind of situation. They are annoying to say the least ...
go or dont go5/22/2016Deb
  Q: my cousin is engaged to be married, well the bum she is marrying physically abuses her and sadly she ...
  A: always be true to self and follow ur heart;; What would cause you to boycott a wedding? I ...
Is this emotional abuse?5/5/2016Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: I am married 17 years, and lately things have gotten pretty bad. I don't know, I used to take ...
  A: Your statement of ďI used to take insults betterĒ tells me that you have probably been in an ...
I'm depressed, lost, I don't know whether i want to divorce or not, and If i want to divorce, I think Im not strong enough to get up and leave4/21/2016Dr. David Simonsen
  Q: This has been bothering me for quite a long time. I'm 24, and been married for almost 3 years now. ...
  A: Sophie, I want to suggest to you that this isn't even actually a marriage. It seems more like a ...
abusive mother4/8/2016Deb
  Q: I grew up with a very abusive mother and cut off all contact with my family many years ago. I tried ...
  A: God bless u;my heart goes out to u n prayer;Forgiveness is not an end in itself but a byproduct of ...
drugs3/14/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I'm 27 working part time and going to college full time. I'm living with my dad, stepmom and sister. ...
  A: I am truly sorry that you find yourself in such destructive circumstances. The first thing that I ...
Torn in pieces2/4/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Greetings, I hope you are a dog lover, as this may sound a bit odd to those who have never had a ...
  A: I really do understand how torn you must feel with regard to your animals and having to leave them ...
another question1/15/2016Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Yesterday was a very trying day. I got a call from my daughter about some stuff that was going on. ...
  A: You are more than likely correct that you won't get anywhere talking with him. If anything is going ...
another question12/3/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: this is a follow up question from MY NOW 25 year old daughter. Good morning So over the holidays ...
  A: Yes, if you remove the stated boundary, what you have done up to this point is a mute point. It ...
My now 25 year old daughter .10/6/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: I have wrote you several times about my daughter . 10/5/2015 as I sit here and read post that Iíve ...
  A: I'm so sorry that this is still happening and I do understand how difficult it is. As we have ...
Emotional Abuse7/8/2015Deb
  Q: Good Morning, my name is Susan, I am 50 years old in a very abusive relationship. My husband has an ...
  A: Divorce is difficult. This is one of the reasons why couples all over the world choose to stay in ...
my 24 year old daughter5/27/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Good morning. I have written several times to you and let me first off thank you. it ALL has been ...
  A: If it were me I wouldn't tell her what I know, but I might ask her questions about marks that you ...
she's back5/17/2015Sonya Snyder
  Q: Bad news Sonya, Krista's back. Since he couldn't find someone to hire who is willing to work in his ...
  A: Dwayne, From what you have written, your dad has always been willing to be beguiled by others and ...
my 24 year old daughter still4/6/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Well its been a while, and tax timed rolled around again and out she went. Moved back in with Mr ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear this and thank you for contacting me. These kind of relationships are very ...
push4/3/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Me and my boyfriend of 2 years got into an fight, and just wondering if it would be abuse or not. It ...
  A: My advice would be to stop grabbing his stuff away from him. If he is being frustrated to the point ...
Everybody Moving On2/24/2015Sonya Snyder
  Q: it's Dwayne again. This is probably the last time I'll be contacting you about a certain problem ...
  A: The more one tries to convince the person in the victim role he needs to see things differently, the ...
Crazy feeling, anxious.nervous2/15/2015Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: I think I already know the answer but I dont trust my emotions/feelings right now. 2 1/2 years with ...
  A: very sorry that you got hooked up with an abusive man. And yes, you probably already know the answer ...
Unhealthy Union2/15/2015Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: He doesn't like me. I no longer believes he loves me. He doesn't respect me. He disrespects my ...
  A: If you are asking for advice, my advice would be to ask him if he would go for marriage counseling. ...
abuse..options..is there a way out?12/22/2014Deb
  Q: Okay so I started dating thisguywho is about 10 years older then me about three months ago, at first ...
  A: http://www.livestrong.com/article/139559-steps-get-out-abusive-relationship/ ...
confused and brainwashed and unsure!!!HELP12/22/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  A: I am very sorry to hear about you being in an abusive and controlling relationship. Sarah, I donít ...
a safety plan11/15/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: After 12 years of questioning whether or not I was in a emotionally abusive relationship with some ...
  A: First of all, I am very sorry that you have to deal with such a situation but hope you understand ...
my girl10/15/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: My daughter is a beautiful caring woman with a 2 year old son whom we adore. She has been with this ...
  A: People staying in abusive relationships is very complex and many return on an average of seven times ...
my 24 year old daughter10/14/2014Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: sorry that I am starting a new question I coulnt find the email I recieved before so I am adding a ...
  A: I would assume that the condition to her moving in was to stay away from him. It is actually pretty ...
my 24 year old daughter9/16/2014Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Iíve never done this so I will just get right to the point. My daughter is a beautiful caring woman ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is in this position; however it is not an uncommon ...
wth?9/14/2014Dr. David Simonsen
  Q: So he says I'm the horrible person. He says I'm ranked third in the world. Because if he hits me ...
  A: Nyka, UUGGGHHHHH.....why would you stay in this type of relationship. It sounds horrible, ...
Not a partner in my relationship8/22/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: I have been with my fiance for 2 years and we have a 6 month old son. I feel like I checked out a ...
  A: and I am very sorry that you are experiencing such treatment in your relationship. Abusive ...
Is this abuse?8/15/2014Dr. David Simonsen
  Q: I've never been in a situation like this but I have a very bad feeling. About one year ago, I was ...
  A: Kathryn, Yes this is abuse. It may be mild, but it is offensive and disrespectful. Why would you ...
Drug Addiction and Marriage8/5/2014Deb
  Q: My husband is a crack addict. We've only been married a year but apparently he's been an addict for ...
  A: do not tolerate beingh is or no ones' doormat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjlpg9i2Bg When to ...
Recovering a marriage after abuse8/3/2014Deb
  Q: I've been married for 17 years, have two teen boys, and dated my husband since I was 19. He normally ...
  A: misery loves company, I pray u move on cause he is controlling and this lifestyle is dangerous and ...
Emotional Abuse & Trying to Understand Myself7/25/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  Q: After being in therapy, I had the strength to leave an emotionally abusive 17-year marriage in 2011. ...
  A: Being in an emotionally abusive marriage that long can take years to recover from and learning ...
Abusive husband7/23/2014Sonya Snyder
  Q: I've been married for 40 yrs my husband is the only way of life I know been with him from age 15 he ...
  A: Call a battered women's shelter and get out of there. Don't let him know you are leaving, not even ...
husband quit drinking and vows never to again7/7/2014Deb
  Q: My husband and I have been married a little over two years. He was drinking heavily since dating and ...
  A: He talked to a intern e t taught recovering alcoholic twice who told him he was not an alcoholic but ...
Bipolar boyfriend7/1/2014Deb
  Q: As a parent living far from her daughter, I feel quite helpless. My daughter (35 yrs old but a bit ...
  A: Father, I come to you to pray for this person that is in this abusive relationship. I pray you give ...
Tired emotionally6/28/2014Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP
  Q: Are these sort of marital problems normal? I feel like I am going crazy!My husband was in the ...
  A: To answer your first question about whether your husband's behavior is normal, the answer would be ...
Emotionally exhausted6/28/2014Cathy Backlund, Life Coach in Abuse & Domestic Violence
  A: Your question of are such martial problems normal and the answer is all relationships have struggles ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Abusive Relationships

Kriss Mitchell, M.Ed, CRC, CNHP

Top Expert on this page