Abusive Relationships/handle insults

Hi, thx for taking the time to view my question.  How do I tactfully handle insults that are given in response to my genuine efforts to help the other person. I don't want to attack and say fu, but I also don't want to lie down and let them get away with it.  I know I should say "that bothers me, and I don't appreciate it" but unfortunately in this situation it will be showing signs of weakness.  I've often considered no response and breaking all ties as well.

Sincerely, Al

Hi Al,

Here's a solution.

Say nothing about past insults with this person.

And STOP giving advice or help to this person. In their way, they are telling you it is unwelcome.

If you are a helpful person, there are MANY opportunities to help those who would appreciate you. But advice has to be asked for, never given prior to being asked for it. Pride is every man's sin, on both the giving and receiving end, unfortunately.

Best to you!

Abusive Relationships

Sonya Snyder

All answers pertaining to surviving and leaving abusive relationships

Was a victim of domestic violence and abuse, and studied to get my MA in forensic psychology to understand the abnormal mind of serial abusers. Much abuse isn't physical, and though it can be the most damaging long term - the emotional abuse is rarely understood nor dealt with by our court and legal systems, leaving victims feeling trapped and unsupported. I will give back to others what I have learned as a successfully surviving and thriving veteran of both family and domestic abuse, so they can get out, heal, and live truly free, too.

BA Journalism, soon-to-be completed MA in Forensic Psychology