Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Benefits


I am divorced from an AT&T retiree.  As part of the divorce settlement, I am entitled to collect benefits under his pension plan.  How do I go about getting these benefits.
Thank you for your assistance.

Normally the HR department would be responsible for this. However, in an organization the size of AT&T, there might likely be a specific department for this.

In any case, the HR department is a good place to start.

You might need to provide some of the divorce documents to AT&T; your divorce attorney may be able to assist you.  

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Arthur Naman


General accounting and bookkeeping questions. Specific questions pertaining to: monthly bookkeeping, preparing financial reports; reconciling accounts.

I cannot answer questions pertaining to pension or retirement planning.

This is not a forum to have homework answered. Please do your own homework.


30 years' experience doing tax and accounting work

MPA from Univ. of Texas at Austin, MBA Golden Gate Univ, San Francisco CA

©2017 All rights reserved.