Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Common Pay Agent

Question
We are an existing US Corp and are now expaning into Vancouver, BC. We are looking to configure as a common pay agent working with several sub contractors. Does this grouping exist in Candada or B.C.? We prefer admin solutions like payroll for mulitiple contractors. Are their any publications that explain this for Canada? Thanks

Answer
I do not know of a rule in Canada that is such as our common paymaster or common pay agent ruling in the U.S.

There is a fact sheet on the Revenue Canada site referring to contractors and sub contractors.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/nwsrm/fctshts/1999/m12/cnfct-eng.html

Much of the reporting in Canada is done to individual provinces although some is done through the federal system.  

Because of the complexity of Canadian payroll I stopped doing it manually several years ago and opted to have ADP Canada do our payrolls.

Shirley

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR