Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Common Pay Agent

We are an existing US Corp and are now expaning into Vancouver, BC. We are looking to configure as a common pay agent working with several sub contractors. Does this grouping exist in Candada or B.C.? We prefer admin solutions like payroll for mulitiple contractors. Are their any publications that explain this for Canada? Thanks

I do not know of a rule in Canada that is such as our common paymaster or common pay agent ruling in the U.S.

There is a fact sheet on the Revenue Canada site referring to contractors and sub contractors.

Much of the reporting in Canada is done to individual provinces although some is done through the federal system.  

Because of the complexity of Canadian payroll I stopped doing it manually several years ago and opted to have ADP Canada do our payrolls.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer payroll questions, payroll tax questions, 401K questions. No stock option questions please and I have some knowledge of other pensions but am most familiar with the 401K pension. I can answer U.S.and Canada payroll questions proficiently and have a good general knowledge of UK and South Africa and some knowledge of Australia and New Zealand Payroll procedures. Please do not ask me homework questions I do not have time to answer them.

25 years with an international company in the Human Resources, Payroll and Payroll Tax areas.

I.O.M.A. and BNA

P.H.R., C.P.P., Canadian Payroll Administrator, Successfully passed APA class on UK Payroll Administration. Boise State University Human Resource Certification

APA Hotline Citation of Merit for last 8 years.