Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Commission Statements


I have been working for base plus commission for several years in a retail environment. Last year my company was bought out. Under the original company, I could access my commission statements for each pay period. Under the new company, I am not given access to these documents. In the past 2 months, I have had serious discrepancies in what I calculate I should have been paid and the payment I actually received. Do I have a right to see the commission statements that are used to determine my commission pay?

I could find nothing in the Missour statutes referring to Commission statements or commission pay.

If someone believes they are not being paid correctly, they can contact the Division of Labor Standards at (573)751-3403, or email their concern to the address below and have the DOL investigate.

Division of Labor Standards
Wage and Hour Section
3315 W. Truman Boulevard, Room 205
PO Box 449
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0449
Phone: (573) 751-3403
Fax: (573) 751-3721
E-mail us at:


Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR


I can answer payroll questions, payroll tax questions, 401K questions. No stock option questions please and I have some knowledge of other pensions but am most familiar with the 401K pension. I can answer U.S.and Canada payroll questions proficiently and have a good general knowledge of UK and South Africa and some knowledge of Australia and New Zealand Payroll procedures. Please do not ask me homework questions I do not have time to answer them.


25 years with an international company in the Human Resources, Payroll and Payroll Tax areas.


I.O.M.A. and BNA

P.H.R., C.P.P., Canadian Payroll Administrator, Successfully passed APA class on UK Payroll Administration. Boise State University Human Resource Certification

Awards and Honors
APA Hotline Citation of Merit for last 8 years.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]