Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/payroll

An employer must state clearly on an employee’s paycheck, pay envelope, or paper accompanying the wage payment, including direct deposit payments:
•the number of hours worked,
•the rate of pay and
•the amount of and reason for each deduction from wages due or earned by the employee,

Wisconsin Stat. 103.475; WI Admin Code DWD 272.10
I received this answer from you, I understand this, but the problem is, I have worked for this company for 5 months and have never received a pay stub to know what is being done. Those working here also have not received any pay stubs. Is this legal to not supply a paystub?

It is illegal to not receive the above information with your paycheck. It does not have to be a stub it can be on paper but it has to be somewhere either on the paycheck, the pay envelope or a paper accompanying the wage payment including direct deposit payments.

The law is as stated above.

You should contact your local Department of Labor in Wisconsin to have them investigate why you and your fellow workers are not receiving pay stubs with your pay.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer payroll questions, payroll tax questions, 401K questions. No stock option questions please and I have some knowledge of other pensions but am most familiar with the 401K pension. I can answer U.S.and Canada payroll questions proficiently and have a good general knowledge of UK and South Africa and some knowledge of Australia and New Zealand Payroll procedures. Please do not ask me homework questions I do not have time to answer them.

25 years with an international company in the Human Resources, Payroll and Payroll Tax areas.

I.O.M.A. and BNA

P.H.R., C.P.P., Canadian Payroll Administrator, Successfully passed APA class on UK Payroll Administration. Boise State University Human Resource Certification

APA Hotline Citation of Merit for last 8 years.