Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Payroll stubs

Question
Is my company required by law to provide a payroll stub. those of us that work for this company all have direct deposit. We have yet to get a payroll stub to show our pay/vacation time/deductions/etc.  We have requested and keep getting told we will be sent them, but nothing.  Can you let me know if this is legal?

Answer
In the state of Wisconsin an employer must state clearly on an employee’s paycheck, pay envelope, or paper accompanying the wage payment, including direct deposit payments:
•the number of hours worked,
•the rate of pay and
•the amount of and reason for each deduction from wages due or earned by the employee,

Wisconsin Stat. 103.475; WI Admin Code DWD 272.10

Nothing else is required on the paystub.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/dwd/272/10

The above Wisconsin website is where you can find this statute.

Shirley

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR