Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Payroll stubs

Is my company required by law to provide a payroll stub. those of us that work for this company all have direct deposit. We have yet to get a payroll stub to show our pay/vacation time/deductions/etc.  We have requested and keep getting told we will be sent them, but nothing.  Can you let me know if this is legal?

In the state of Wisconsin an employer must state clearly on an employee’s paycheck, pay envelope, or paper accompanying the wage payment, including direct deposit payments:
•the number of hours worked,
•the rate of pay and
•the amount of and reason for each deduction from wages due or earned by the employee,

Wisconsin Stat. 103.475; WI Admin Code DWD 272.10

Nothing else is required on the paystub.

The above Wisconsin website is where you can find this statute.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer payroll questions, payroll tax questions, 401K questions. No stock option questions please and I have some knowledge of other pensions but am most familiar with the 401K pension. I can answer U.S.and Canada payroll questions proficiently and have a good general knowledge of UK and South Africa and some knowledge of Australia and New Zealand Payroll procedures. Please do not ask me homework questions I do not have time to answer them.

25 years with an international company in the Human Resources, Payroll and Payroll Tax areas.

I.O.M.A. and BNA

P.H.R., C.P.P., Canadian Payroll Administrator, Successfully passed APA class on UK Payroll Administration. Boise State University Human Resource Certification

APA Hotline Citation of Merit for last 8 years.