Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/semi-monthly payout times

Question
I am a Canadian, but cannot seem to find an answer for my question. It is more of a decorum query, than technical..
If payroll is done on the 15th and then the end of the month, 30th, 31st etc... if, for example, like this past month, the 28th is last working day of the month, (Friday 29th Legal Holiday) but the paycheques were dated for Sunday the 31st. Does that seem fair, or maybe a little petty? Unsure if there are any laws, still waiting for a response on that, but assume not.
Just want an expert take on this, trying to get more of a Company Culture, but buy in may be low, with tactics like this? Small company, under 10 people.
Thank You.

Answer
Most of the time when payday is the 15th and the end of the month, the pay is the annual rate divided by 24, or the monthly rate divided by 2. Thus the day of the week of the payday is irrelevant.

If pay is hourly, as long as the hours are included in  a paycheck, and those calculations are consistent, then it should be okay.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Arthur Naman