Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Line Item on Pension Statement

My dad's pension check from Firestone/Bridgestone has two line items on it each month.  The codes are PSTRET82 and PSTRET85, and they are each $18.33.  His total pension amount is made up of his regular pension earnings, plus $60 for Medicare Reimbursement, and then these two $18.33 amounts as well.  Do you have any idea what PSTRET stands for?  Thanks for your time!

Okay since I do not work for Firestone/Bridgestone I do not know what their code stands for. It could stand for a specific stock or some other designation.

If I as HR set up a code with PS in front of it for retirement it would stand for Profit Share. This could be a specific profit share from the year of 1982 and the year of 1985. I have no idea what the letters tret would possibly stand for. My best guess would be

PSTRET82 Profit Share To Retiriement 1982
PSTRET85 Profit Share to Retirement 1985.

This is only my guess. Each HR and Retirement department devise their own codes.

P.S. profit share could be an employer match or a percentage of profits for the year.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer payroll questions, payroll tax questions, 401K questions. No stock option questions please and I have some knowledge of other pensions but am most familiar with the 401K pension. I can answer U.S.and Canada payroll questions proficiently and have a good general knowledge of UK and South Africa and some knowledge of Australia and New Zealand Payroll procedures. Please do not ask me homework questions I do not have time to answer them.

25 years with an international company in the Human Resources, Payroll and Payroll Tax areas.

I.O.M.A. and BNA

P.H.R., C.P.P., Canadian Payroll Administrator, Successfully passed APA class on UK Payroll Administration. Boise State University Human Resource Certification

APA Hotline Citation of Merit for last 8 years.