Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/safeway pension


I worked for Safeway for 20 years, with 15 years vested in the union. I am trying to find out about my pension. I left Safeway in 1996. cam out of the union in August of 1994.
My social security#  is 429-13-7616 and my date of birth is 05-16-1954. Need to know the amount of my pension. Can you help me?

You would need to contact your former employer for your pension amount and to start your pension.

If you cannot find that information try your union.

If you still cannot find it that you can try contacting
The Department of Labor at this website:

Department of Labor is in charge of ERISA which is the law governing pernsion plans in the U.S.


Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR


I can answer payroll questions, payroll tax questions, 401K questions. No stock option questions please and I have some knowledge of other pensions but am most familiar with the 401K pension. I can answer U.S.and Canada payroll questions proficiently and have a good general knowledge of UK and South Africa and some knowledge of Australia and New Zealand Payroll procedures. Please do not ask me homework questions I do not have time to answer them.


25 years with an international company in the Human Resources, Payroll and Payroll Tax areas.


I.O.M.A. and BNA

P.H.R., C.P.P., Canadian Payroll Administrator, Successfully passed APA class on UK Payroll Administration. Boise State University Human Resource Certification

Awards and Honors
APA Hotline Citation of Merit for last 8 years.

©2017 All rights reserved.