Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/tin no.


Hi sir, I want ti become vandor and sell online my product but at registration they are asking for  tin no. , vat and cst.   Is vat , tin no. And cst  are same things.I am in doubt please solve my query.
Is online registration service is good if I register for tin no. How much later I'll receive my tin no.


No, they are not the same.
TIN is a taxpayer identification number used in the USA.
VAT is for a VAT as used in countries outside the USA. VAT stands for "Value Added Tax."
CST is not used in the USA as far as I know, I am not sure what it is or where it us used.

Online registration for TIN is available through the IRS' Web site.  Please see

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Arthur Naman


General accounting and bookkeeping questions. Specific questions pertaining to: monthly bookkeeping, preparing financial reports; reconciling accounts.

I cannot answer questions pertaining to pension or retirement planning.

This is not a forum to have homework answered. Please do your own homework.


30 years' experience doing tax and accounting work

MPA from Univ. of Texas at Austin, MBA Golden Gate Univ, San Francisco CA

©2017 All rights reserved.