Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/tin no.

Question
Hi sir, I want ti become vandor and sell online my product but at registration they are asking for  tin no. , vat and cst.   Is vat , tin no. And cst  are same things.I am in doubt please solve my query.
Is online registration service is good if I register for tin no. How much later I'll receive my tin no.

Thanks

Answer
No, they are not the same.
TIN is a taxpayer identification number used in the USA.
VAT is for a VAT as used in countries outside the USA. VAT stands for "Value Added Tax."
CST is not used in the USA as far as I know, I am not sure what it is or where it us used.

Online registration for TIN is available through the IRS' Web site.  Please see https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/How-to-Apply-for-an-EIN.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Arthur Naman