Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Carry forward loss for S corp

Question
My ex did not transfer all shares of our corp to me as supposed to.  Each year because of this I've had to K1 half the loss to him.  Doesnt this carry forward?  Will it affect my taxes in the future showing a profit?
Thanks!

Answer
This is not a forum for tax advice. There are other forums on this Web site for tax and legal questions.

With that said, if S Corp losses are used they should be to be carried over subject to various tax rules, if not on your personal returns, then carried over within the S Corp.

I strongly suggest you talk to an attorney knowledgeable about such matter; also please talk to whoever is preparing your tax returns, if you are not doing them yourself.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Arthur Naman