Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Pension Benefit

Question
I am a former employee (1981 thru 1989) of The Jordan Marsh Co. in Boston, owned at that time by Allied Stores and then bought by Federated Dept. stores.  I remember having deductions taken out of my pay weekly and I was wondering now that I am retired do I have any money owed to me.

Thank you,

Kathy

Answer
it is possible, however that far back it may have been eaten up by fees. most companies charge fees to have your pension in their plan after you quit.  you should always roll pension funds over to an IRA when you leave the company.  you would have to contact the company and see if they have any kind of record of your pension.

Shirley

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR