Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/sales tax / resellers id

Hi, we just started our llc based in Delaware, which doesn't have sales tax. our problem is our drop shippers are located in states which require sales tax and they are asking for a reseller id. do we need to get a reseller id in the states of our dropshippers or just one for the state we live in. where do we get it, how do you recommend we solve our problem. Thank You

I would use the ID for the state in which you are located. You are buying for resell so there would be no sales tax due. Just give them your Delaware number. If you apply for numbers in the other states you will create a nexxus which may obligate you to pay sales tax, franchise tax and perhaps other taxes. You are not doing business in those states simply buying from someone else.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer payroll questions, payroll tax questions, 401K questions. No stock option questions please and I have some knowledge of other pensions but am most familiar with the 401K pension. I can answer U.S.and Canada payroll questions proficiently and have a good general knowledge of UK and South Africa and some knowledge of Australia and New Zealand Payroll procedures. Please do not ask me homework questions I do not have time to answer them.

25 years with an international company in the Human Resources, Payroll and Payroll Tax areas.

I.O.M.A. and BNA

P.H.R., C.P.P., Canadian Payroll Administrator, Successfully passed APA class on UK Payroll Administration. Boise State University Human Resource Certification

APA Hotline Citation of Merit for last 8 years.