Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Accounting Question

Question
The owner of our small business has sold his home and is now commuting from another state and staying in a hotel 4 nights/wk.  He is charging that amount to the company Amex.  The CPA has told me to code it to "rent".  Is that legitimate ?

Answer
From an accounting viewpoint,  that type of expense would, I think, be considered "rent."

I think what you are really asking is whether or not that type of an expense is a valid deduction on the annual tax return.

If the tax preparer says it is, then that should answer your question. I am not sure of the correct answer as to whether that is a correct deductible business expense, it may well be. But, the tax preparer's decision is the one you should take.  

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

Arthur Naman