Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues/Accounting error


i'm an accountant working for property management company.
Somehow I made a dumb mistake by making utility bill payment online from a different Account.
We have several different bank accounts for every properties and I paid from wrong properties' account.
Is it ok to give additional information about this error to my cpa when tax report, and will it be resolved?
Do you recommend any other option?
Please help!!!
Thank you!

Yes, I would tell your CPA about it.  

As to whether it will be resolved, I do not know exactly what to tell you - can you not just move the funds between accounts to correct the error??

If you are not a positioin to be able to correct the error, I am sure the CPA will do what's necessary. I expect that this is no big deal.

Accounting, Payroll & Pension Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Arthur Naman


General accounting and bookkeeping questions. Specific questions pertaining to: monthly bookkeeping, preparing financial reports; reconciling accounts.

I cannot answer questions pertaining to pension or retirement planning.

This is not a forum to have homework answered. Please do your own homework.


30 years' experience doing tax and accounting work

MPA from Univ. of Texas at Austin, MBA Golden Gate Univ, San Francisco CA

©2017 All rights reserved.